Friday, 27 December 2013

Tokyo





So okay, as you might have understood, I am now in Tokyo. My friend Siril is living here and couldn't go home to Norway for christmas, so I decided to go to her so she wouldn't be all alone. It is christmas after all!
The whole christmas-feel is very much indeed not present here, but that is a given, I mean they aren't christian in Japan, so it would be strange otherwise. But they do sort of celebrate christmas, but only in the same way they celebrate Halloween etc. It's more about santa and dressing up and on christmas eve it is the big date-night (instead of the big family-night that we have in Norway). So my christmas-spirit are so not here. 
But the fact that I am in goddamn Tokyo kind of wipes it all out, I'm not sad or anything because there is so much to see and experience and do. I mean, seriously, this city is crazy - on christmas eve we went to a "ladies-being-men-bar". Where every bartender is a woman who's doing or have done a transgender change so they're men. Very interesting but at the same time totally cray to do on christmas eve you know. Ho ho ho.
Well anyway, the pictures are from yesterday, when we went to the hotel-bare where they shot Lost in Translation - my favourite movie of all time (after star wars ofc). The bar is located in the 54th floor on one of the highest buildings, and the hotel is seriously the classiest thing I've ever seen. It was luxury all the way, and everyone being there were rich and fabulous. I felt kindof wrong walking around in DocMartens and a leopard coat. But the awkwardness and (seriously extremely) expensive drinks and tablecharge really really paid off, cause the feel of the bar and the view was amazing! This was so far the best thing I've done here. Just look at the view! Amazing.

Well anyway today is our day off, so I'll watch some christmas-movies all right. Try to get some christmas into my veins you know.

No comments: