Sunday, 12 July 2009

Shooting for the Stars

I am really looking forward to the future. I'm excited but in the same time very scared. The path I want to take my career in, takes so much, and you really have to be good and intense to get where you want to be. You might already know that I am talking about fashion photography. It's a tough career-path to be in. So I've heard a million times. But still there are something in me that want it so bad, no matter how hard it is. It's fashion! For me it's the only thing that is my passion. Without it I'm nothing. I think about it every day. I dream of one day be the one that takes pictures for Vogue and the big fashion industries. Be one day the one people want to hire for their big photoshoots with some big dresses. That's a dream I'm not alone to have. How many thousands wants the same thing? It's oh too many. So that makes me think. What can I do to stand out from all those thousands? I got my hopes up a nodge when I ended up as one of the 30 best out of 300 photographers who tried to get in to my school. And that without an education in the field. But that's only 300. And that's only in Norway. Was that "luck" or was it a hint on what my future might bring? Who knows. I honestly have no idea what to think or what to expect. Maybe I will be successfull. Maybe I'll end up in the local weekly paper. I've picked up some hints from everywhere on what to do and what to expect. But I guess I won't know how it's like till I'm there. In the meantime I'm gonna do all those things others have done and a bit more. I hope I one day will get it all just right. And that I will end up happy with whatever I end up doing. I didn't end up as a designer (which was my first dream), but maybe I'll end up as the one shooting for the designers.

No comments: