Sunday, 22 February 2009

So Indie Yeah!


I've been thinking a lot about the style Indie lately. A friend of mine says he's going Indie, and I'm really curious on what Indie really involves. Cause I can't get it into my head what it is! When people say Indie, I immediately think India and Buddhism. But it couldn't be more far from the truth, haha. I know that Indie stands for "Independent", but it just doesn't make sense anyway.

Cause, when you see a gangster, rocker, emo, punker etc. you immediately know what his or hers style is by a first glance, but when do you know you've seen a Indie? Since the style is meant to be independent, it's not really a style. But since everybody is dressing that way it's a style, but then it's not something independent anymore... Tricky stuff, really.

Now please don't get me wrong. I love Indie-styling. I want to be one myself... sort of... other than I don't want to be in any style though. Haha, I still don't fully get it. I like those that know how to think for themself when it comes to clothing. Those who don't follow the stream and can't go into any group of style. But that's Indie now as I've seem to understand. And then the group of non-grouped party suddenly got a name on their style after all. It really doesn't make sence to me. I get what a Indie is, but I don't get why there should be any labeling on them since there's nothing to label...

Speaking of indie: Check out this Korean Indie band! They're awesome, and I can listen to this song on repeat all day long. Too bad I can't find them anywhere, so I don't need to youtube them every time.

1 comment:

karianne said...

du MÅ finn albumet!
hvis ikke grin æ !